Podcast (show): Play in new window | Download
Do you suffer from perfectionism?
If you have, then you certainly have felt how much anxiety is attached to trying to be perfect right?
When it builds into a ‘BIG problem’ you sure know it, as perfectionism is a lot like having a “phobia” of making mistakes, being imperfect or the fear of being judged.
Petra Kolber shares that studies show, deep down perfectionism is linked to the “not good enough” syndrome.
Petra Kolber, once the global face of Reebok and an international fitness superstar, took the world by storm with her lycra, Reebok step and awesome choreography.
Petra is now a best seller author of ‘The Perfection Detox’ published by Da Capo Lifelong Publishing in 2018 and a soulful speaker and educator.
In todays interview we dive in deep with Petra’s usable tools to help understand the importance of action of doing what Petra calls the “Heart work v’s hard work”.
Check out some of the juicy stuff we cover:
- How awareness is the first step to conquering perfectionism.
- Petra shares the 3 phases of healing perfectionism.
- How a simple fleeting sentence can create a false belief that plays havoc in your adult life.
- How bottling and not acknowledging our emotions is what gets us more into a negative tail spin.
- Petra drops a few lines to help snap you out of a characteristic that isn’t serving you
- When it’s best to view any social media platform and not be effected emotionally!
- Petra takes you through a simple three step process to set you up fully armed, when jumping onto social media. Use this process if you notice social media isn’t nourishing your soul (35mins)
- The real reason why you suffer from FOMO when on social media
- …followed by a stack of uplifting motivational conversations between Petra and Annette
Mentioned links on the show:
Your Free Gift: To have 21 Joy Accelerators delivered to your inbox click here.
More Links 🙂
Book Website: www.perfectiondetox.com
Quote Petra mentions: “I think perfectionism is just fear in fancy shoes and a mink coat, pretending to be elegant when actually it’s just terrified. Because underneath that shiny veneer, perfectionism is nothing more that a deep existential angst the says, again and again, ‘I am not good enough and I will never be good enough.”― Elizabeth Gilbert
Petra Kolber BIO:
Petra Kolber is an internationally renowned fitness expert and wellness leader who is known throughout the industry as a crusader for change and a beacon of authentic happiness. In her 25 years in the fitness world she has starred in and choreographed sixty award winning videos and fitness programs, and has spoken live to thousands of motivated followers.
As a national workshop leader and keynote speaker she inspires people around the globe to stand up for their lives and live profoundly from their hearts. She has been a consultant and contributor to many national fitness magazines and has been named Fitness Crusader Of The Year by Health Magazine. She has been the face and voice of leading food and fitness companies such as Reebok, Spry Living, Yes Fitness Music, and California Walnuts.
In August, in partnership with Da Capo Lifelong Publishing, Petra’s first book, The Perfection Detox: Tame Your Inner Critic, Live Bravely and Unleash Your Joy, was published and was Amazon Kindle’s number one new release.
As a two-time cancer survivor, she is passionate about waking people up to the precious gift of time. Her mission is to inspire people to move more and fear less, so that they can stretch their dreams, strengthen their courage muscle and build an inspired life, full of joy and gratitude.
In her spare time Petra is an aspiring DJ, a budding cook, an avid traveler, and podcast maven who feels deeply blessed on the mornings she can wake up early enough to watch the sunrise.